Our Class Newsletter
Each Week I send home a Newsletter. Please review for any updated information! I'm looking forward to a Wonderful and Fun 2017-2018 school year!
Mrs. Carpenter’s Classroom News
Week 27, Feb. 26 – March 2, 2018
70 Phonogram review. Please spend time going over the phonograms, orally and written. Students are held accountable for proper letter formation.
Spelling words for this week should be in your child’s blue folder in a sheet protector. The list should be kept in the blue folder at all times as we use it in class. Please review sentence homework and worksheets. There should not be a significant amount of errors if the work is being checked at home.
The story for the week is “Benjamin Franklin” in Sea to Sea. This will count for a history grade as well. Please remember to study vocabulary daily. It is important that your child is reading daily. This means aloud as well as silently. Children become more fluent readers if they read frequently.
Concepts for the week include:
- multiplying 3, identifying units of weight and mass, ounces, pounds, tons, grams and kilograms
- subtracting money amounts and subtracting across zero
- telling and showing time to the quarter hour
- showing fraction amounts greater than 1
We will start Unit 5.
2/28 Biography Book Report Due
3/2 Spirit Day
3rd Quarter Reading Log Due
3/3 Spring Festival
3/8 Read In
3/9 March Book Report Approval Form Due
3/12-3/16 Spring Break
3/19 Morning Assembly
3/21 Report Cards
3/30 Poem Due
Book Report Due
Students are marked on the following handwriting criteria:
- All letters sit on a baseline.
- Letters should be close but not touching.
- Rounding conforms to the curve of a circle.
- Lines begin at the top and are straight and parallel.
- Letters that go below the baseline go the same distance below the base line as above it.
- Letters or parts of letters are of two sizes. Tall letters are double the height of short letters.
- Dots and crossbars are tiny, formed just above the midpoint and are formed in the direction in which we write.
Spring Festival is this Saturday, March 3rd. Parents, if you have not had the opportunity to sign up to help, please do so.
Box Tops – please collect these! This is a great way for the school to earn extra money.
Supplies – Students are in need of replacing colored pencils and/or crayons, tissues, Clorox wipes and pencils. Please ask you child if they need new crayons or colored pencils. We still have many weeks left in the school year.
The fastest way to contact me is via email. I will respond within 24 hours. You can also send notes on the green sheet.